AIIMS MBBS Preparation Tips 2018– The AIIMS MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) is conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi which is a medical University and research institution. Every year more than one lakh candidates appear in AIIMS MBBS entrance test. AIIMS MBBS 2018 is an online entrance test which will be held in May to take an admission in 7 AIIMS in various cities (Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, New Delhi, Patna, Raipur, Rishikesh) across the country. Candidates willing to know ‘how to crack AIIMS MBBS 2018 online test’ can read AIIMS MBBS preparation tips 2018 from below:
Check AIIMS MBBS 2017 Result Announced on June 15
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Preparation Tips: Before starting AIIMS MBBS preparation tips and tricks to crack the test, candidates are advised to know the syllabus and exam pattern of AIIMS MBBS 2018.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Exam Pattern – The AIIMS MBBS 2018 will be conducted on 28 May, 2018 in two sessions namely morning and forenoon at 9 am and 3 pm respectively. Both the session will be of 3 and half hours. There will be 200 multiple choice questions have negative marking. For each write answer 3 marks will be added and for wrong question 1/3 mark will be deducted. There are five subjects namely: Physics, English, Biology, Chemistry and Reasoning. Most of the question will be asked form the syllabus of Class 11th and 12th.
AIIMS MBBS Exam pattern 2018
|2||Number of question to be asked||200 MCQs –|
|3||Duration of Test||3:30 hrs|
|4||Marking Scheme||Plus 1 for right answer and minus 1/3 for each wrong answer|
|5||Sections||Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and reasoning|
|6||Language of test||English and Hindi|
|7||Number of slot||2 slots (morning and forenoon)|
|8||Section wise questions||Physics – 60 Biology – 60
Chemistry – 60
English & Reasoning – 20
AIIMS MBBS Application Form 2018 – For the 707 seats of AIIMS MBBS, the application process will be started from January 2018 and which will be available till 23 February 2018. AIIMS application form 2018 will be available in online mode only. The application form fees of AIIMS MBBS 2018 is Rs. 1000 for General & OBC, the application fees for SC and ST is Rs. 800 and no any application fee will be charged by OPH candidates.
Fill AIIMS MBBS Application form from below:
AIIMS MBBS Preparation Tips 2018– In the given detailed 10 AIIMS MBBS 2018 preparation tips, candidates can know how to get good marks in AIIMS online test. Medical student preparing for AIIMS MBBS 2018 entrance test are advised to keep following AIIMS MBBS preparation tips in mind.
- Class 11 and 12 Syllabus – The section of AIIMS MBBS entrance test includes physics, biology and chemistry. The syllabus of these three section is based on class 11th and class 12th The physics, chemistry and biology will have 60 questions each.
- Work on calculation – The most difficult task is to complete entrance test on time and with accuracy. Candidates must do work on calculation. Use short-cut tricks to solve numerical type question.
- Read important books – Don’t read extra books. First start with important books and complete it according to AIIMS MBBS syllabus. You can also buy section wise books to crack the exam.
- Read previous notes – Don’t forget to read previous note of Class 11 and 12. This will also be important to complete syllabus on time.
- Make separate notes – Candidates are advised to make separate note for formulas of physics and chemical and reactions of chemistry. Prepare diagrams for biology for best practice.
- Read English newspapers and watch news channel – Give one and half hours daily to read newspaper boost your vocabulary. Also watch news channel enhance general knowledge.
- Do topic wise preparation – Topics wise preparation is the best practice to complete syllabus.
- Solve practice papers – Solve previous years question and practice papers by which you can get aware of test. Take it serious and try to solve on time. When you solve to question paper / practice test paper then treat it as real test and examine your performance after completing it.
- Take mock test – Since, the AIIMS MBBS is online test; you must take at least 3-4 online mock test. The mock test is dummy test by which you can know how to take test in online mode.
- Revision – Don’t forget to revise the syllabus. It is a blunder to make notes and not read before exam. So, make sure that you have time to revise the syllabus.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Exam Tips
- Reach at exam centre on time – Reach examination centres before half hours of entry time.
- Read question properly – It is important to read question first. Understand the question because you can answer if and only if you understand the question.
- Use shortcut to solve the answer – The time is very precious in AIIMS MBBS entrance exams. You should save your time by using shortcut method.
- Guess the right answer – Just after reading the question check the given options and guess the right answer.
- Calculate the approximate answer – Don’t try to calculate answer in fraction if not needed, calculate approximate answer.
|ALSO READ – NEET Preparation Tips|
The above AIIMS MBBS Preparation Tips is best for all AIIMS entrance test. Candidates are advise to check must read books to crack AIIMS MBBS 2018.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Must Read Books
|Prakash Objective Biology||NCERT- Physics Part 1 & 2||Dinesh Chemistry|
|GR Bathla Publications’ for Biology (Theory & Objective)||NCERT Physics: CBSE PMT by Anil Aggarwal (Set of 3 Volumes)||Objective NCERT at your fingertips Chemistry by MTG-|
|Trueman’s Biology Vol. 1 & 2||H C Verma for Physics||Modern ABC of Chemistry for Class 11th & 12th (Vol. 1 & 2)|
|A C Dutta for Botany ( Oxford Publication)||Objective Physics for Medical Entrances Examination (Volume 1 and Volume 2)||Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry|
|Pradeep Publication’s Biology||Aggarwals’ Concept of Competition Physics for CBSE PMT||Arihant Organic Chemistry|
|Objective Biology by Dinesh||Physical Chemistry by O P Tandon|
- Weekly and monthly current affairs magazine
- Read daily news paper
Previous years question papers
- AIIMS 17 years solved papers by Disha Publication
- MTG AIIMS Explorer (17 Years Solved Papers) by Dr. Sandeep Ahlawat
- Arihant AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination (Solved Papers 2008-2015)
AIIMS MBBS 2017 cutoff: As per the official body, the SC/ST, OBC and General candidates have to obtain 40, 45 and 50 percentile respectively. Check the table below:
|Category of Candidates||Cutoff Percentile|
Check More Medical Exams here